So, I have a super good reason for NOT posting about the party yet.... do ya wanna hear it? nope ?! well I'm gonna show ya anyways, just so I don't look like a huge flop. These next few pics PERFECTLY describe the way my weekend went after the party.
maybe this would demonstrate how upset they were that the party was over?
This is a good illustration on how they felt with the lack of sleep and the near heat stroke we all got....
wait, this is the combo of all the above "ingredients", a perfect and complete meltdown, all I was trying to do was get pics of them in some new dresses. My kids don't handle parties too well. the party was Friday, and we were obviously still feeling the effects come Sunday, EVERYTHING set them off. It started out as a really fun weekend but I soon realized the end couldn't come fast enough. Alright I'll quit complaining we really did have a lot of fun, I just thought these pics were funny and made my point.
Friday was the hottest day we'd had up to that point in WEEKS, that didn't jive with our plans. We started out in back of the complex office, because it cost an arm and a leg to rent the Common Area. We soon discovered that we needed to stop coloring our dragon-egg baskets and making our mini-dragons because the crayons and the play-doh were melting. So we left for our neighborhood-wide scavenger hunt for "dragon eggs." We had to cut that short because the birthday girl got blisters and couldn't continue. When we arrived home Levi (who was busy behind the scenes rearranging stuff due to the weather) said that we all looked like tomatoes, I'm kinda glad I DON'T have a picture of that.
after a while in the AC and watching "UP" we did presents and cake and ice-cream.
Here is Emma, her presents and a gaggle of friends looking eagerly on.
Here are the party guests and their very brave and gracious moms, thanks again girls, for your help and patience!
The boy almost on top of Emma is my buddy Ethan, he cracks me up, he was the perfect party guest, always interested in what present was being opened and thought it was really cool when Emma got more than just princess stuff.
Here is the cake, a dragon on a stone wall. the dragon is made out of Rice Krispy treat and then covered in butter cream. the cake went over well, there was only a piece left!
My wonderful friends helping with the "devouring" of the cake while I was inside slicing more up.
It was a fun party and I would have appreciated if the weather had cooperated a bit more, but we still had a good time. Thanks again to my friends, my girls and their friends for all being such good sports. As well a huge thank you to my sweet, hard-working hubby for all he did, I couldn't have done it without ya!
We love you Emma, hope you had a good day, Happy Birthday sweet girl!
3 months ago



3 comments:
You gotta love the all-out meltdowns. I'm glad you got a picture of it. Then you can show it to them some day and remind them of when they were stinkers. :) But seriously, parties and heat and humidity make everyone miserable. But it looks like the party was a success and you made another fantastic cake!
Torrie!! LOVE the pics of the girls in meltdown :) I know at the time it wasn't funny, but I know you'll look back and have a few good chuckles!! I did ;)
Happy Birthday Emma! I remember when Levi called and told me you were pregnant, man how time has flown!
Rachel
Way to give a big party! You are brave and obviously a lot of fun!
Post a Comment