Many of you have heard my family's "birthday month" theory, but for those of you who haven't.
As a kid my dad was very busy with church and work and so to alleviate the birth"day" pressure, and also to extend the celebrations, my mom came up with "birthday months". This consisted of a party at some point during the month, breaking out into random singing of "happy birthday". The singing was especially funny during my high school years as it would be around the breakfast table at 5am before seminary and would be a very sleepy rendition. as well as a family dinner to the birthday girl's choice of restaurant. and other such trinkets as a new outfit or shoes or candy on random days.
I am definitely appreciate this idea and carry it on in my family. It was especially important today since Emma promptly came home from Joy school, where I had treated her class to cupcakes, and threw up the contents of her stomach, a nice chocolate cupcake all over her brand new baby pink leotard courtesy of Grandma Word. The washer got all the "chocolate" out and the birthday girl I think just got a little over-excited as she hasn't puked since. and the PARTAY is still on for Friday, YAY!
Now, for the real birthday post.
Dear Emma,
I can so clearly remember the day you came into our lives. I remember the relief I felt that you were here safe and sound, and the overwhelming love I felt for you.
You were my favorite person to hang out with while daddy slaved away during school. watching "Finding Nemo", aka Momo over and over and over.
I have loved being your mommy the past 4 years. You are so fun.
You are so funny.
You are so smart and sweet.
And GORGEOUS to boot!
I appreciate the sweet spirit you bring to our home and loving learning from you daily.
You're a wonderful daughter and sister. keep up the great work.
Love,
Mommy, Daddy and Charlotte
6 months ago



3 comments:
Aww! That was so sweet! Happy Birthday Emma! We miss that sweet and spunky little girl!
spunky is an understatement, but we love her anyways!
I like the birthday month idea! happy birthday to Emma!
Post a Comment