Sunday, January 17, 2010

its the most wonderful time of the year!!!

Well I know that this is WAAAY late, but when I think about this last Christmas, all I was remembering was the fact that my children threw up for a week straight, so not fun. But as I have been prodded to post I found a few high points.



For one Charlotte looks super cute in this beanie :)

This Christmas was spent in Denver with the Woodward Clan. My sister Alexis, her hubby Ryan and daughter Maija were there from Provo. My dad, mom and younger sister Arianna who live there were gracious hosts. Like I said the stomach flu traveled like wildfire through all of us, but the girls were sick for the longest. We still enjoyed great company, downtime, wonderful food. Now, on to more high points.


gotta love the matching Christmas jammies and I will enforce this until they can do their own laundry!



Luckily, grandma sifted through the paper well before throwing it out, or we'd be down a kid.


Grandpa had good training raising all girls, he was a good sport for our budding beautician.

even sick, cuddling sisters are adorable.

Another high point was Levi's youngest brother Jordan earning his Eagle and having a Court of Honor.



This is ALMOST the whole clan, the five brothers, two sisters, a new sis-in law, and two very proud and tired parents. The girls and I stayed in Denver, we trade off years visiting both families. It was just a quick trip and not worth the hassle of traveling with the girls. But we're grateful Levi got to attend.



The "Eagles Nest" with all five boys and a Proud Papa who has earned an Eagle a couple of times over.


All five boys, I don't know if Nancy thought she would live to see this day, what an accomplishment!

Last but not least is a new tradition in our family. The daddy-daughter date. Levi took Emma out ( before she got sick) to see "The Princess and the Frog" She at first turned him down, not realizing what was in store. Once she was convinced she was majorly excited and had to get decked out, courtesy of the accessories provided by her aunts.



Realizing what is in store, decked out in her new ballerina costume ( thanks Aunt Arianna) and her Princess and the Frog crown ( thanks Aunt Alexis)



This is just good blackmail for both of them..... muwhahahaha!
Hope you enjoyed our Christmas, we did. We're grateful for the help through the flu. 2010 has started out pretty good. Its hard to be away from family but as you can see its never dull when we visit!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Torrie,
I love the hat Charlotte is wearing! Did someone make it for her? It's super cute! And she is starting to look more and more like Emma, it's always cute to have sisters that look alike :)

Levi H. said...

Babe,
Thank you so much for posting this. Like you, I got teary at times reading it. It was great to be surrounded by family while we were sick. Also it was a special memory to go see Jordan's Court of Honor. Thanks for sacrificing so I could go. Although no one else (besides Rachel) enjoyed this post it means a lot to me.
Love,
Your BFF