Thursday, August 20, 2009

July in NewYork


One word..... HOT!!!! I"ll take the dry heat of the west coast or the mountains any day, holy moly. Well since its been a while I'm just going to post a bunch of fun pictures and captions..


This describes perfectly how we felt having Grandma and Papa word visit. It was zany, a little crazy ( we did a whole lot) and tons of fun. Thanks for visiting! hope you had fun in Palmyra, Saratoga, Lake Placid, and NYC, we sure did.
Palmyra, NY

The amazing stage and set for the Hill Cumorah Pageant, it was definitely worth the long day.

I really can't remember if this is Mormon, or Moroni, the day was fun, long and a little bit of a blur. I just LOVE Emma's face though.... enlarge it if you can't see it.

Saratoga Springs, NY

Charlotte and papa Word on the carousel here at Congress park.
Lake Placid, NY

Here are the Torches from the 2002 games in Salt Lake and the 2006 games in Torino ( Levi served his mission here) Every torch is different ( I didn't know, guess I didn't pay attention) SO COOL!
You can't see it, but I am holding onto Charlotte very tight, all she wanted to do was get those ducks...


This is the doors to the Ice Rink there at Lake Placid. Home of the 1932, 1980 Olympics

A long Weekend in NYC
Emma was excited to take the Harbor tour and see the Statue of Liberty. It was also a great nap time for Charlotte.
"Heere at the Wall, Wall Street and Broadway" for you National Treasure fans


Here is Trinity Church on the corner of Wall Street and Broadway.

Another one of my favorite memorials, its called "11 tears" water continually drops into the pool around the crystal in the middle and above the descriptions of those lost.

This was the caption of the boot picture.

"An Eerie Memorial to Heroes; As firefighters change from "civies" into their gear, they hang their civilian boots on the fence spikes of Trinity Church. Boots unclaimed at the end of the day belong to firefighters who lost their lives in the World Trade Center. Their boots become a memorial"

Here is the "Top of the Rock" it was a tad windy and hot, hence giving up on Emma's Hair


A stop for Grandpa, the flags outside the United Nations building, "Why can't we all just get along?!"


This is why I came to the Museum.... Its really funny, you should see the crowd gathered around to take pictures. "A list" celebrity. :)

.
This is why Emma came to the museum, to see the Elephants.


This is the frog exhibit at the Museum of natural history, these are the gorgeous
but very poisonous frogs can't remember what they were called. Emma loved the color, my favorite were the bigger "attack" frogs
Well I hope you enjoyed our July in Recap, we had lots of fun and are going to miss it :( Guess we'll have to find fun things to do in VA!

2 comments:

The Daltons said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go to the Hill Cumorah pageant. That's definitely a benefit of living out East, even though you do have to deal with the hot humidity.

Jamie and Erin said...

Looks like you're having a lot of fun! Good luck in your new adventures in Virginia!