I'll start off by saying that I love the 4th of July. I consider myself to be a patriotic person, I'm very grateful for this country I live in and the inspiration behind it. So needless to say, I was very excited to spend this holiday in our quaint upstate NY town of Saratoga Springs. Its what you think of when you think of quaint small town complete with a main street:) I was overjoyed to hear that there would be a parade among other festivities. So we got the girls ready and headed for downtown. Yes, I know TECHNICALLY I live five miles south but there REALLY isn't a whole lot here so we spend a lot of time up in Saratoga, anyways, back to the story. We parked and walk to Broadway to see the parade. It started with police cruisers clearing the way......
I WAS WAY DISAPPOINTED. This parade consisted of some old cars for the car show later that day, a fire truck or two that was throwing sticks of gum "LAME" (handfuls of candy are customary!) , one group of student athletes, and a huge group of random residents and their dogs! I felt ripped off! The coolest thing was a group that dressed up like Darth Vader and the Storm Troopers. Where was the floats, the groups of veterans, The police doing tricks on their motorcycles, the high school band? I don't think Miss Saratoga Springs even had a court... and it lasted like 20 min!
There were some high lights, afterwards several of the local restaurants participated in a BBQ and dessert tasting. so we walked around and got samples. We also hit up the carousel, and played near the pond in the park. All in all it was more fun AFTER the parade and I was grateful that we made the effort to go LAST YEAR, when we were still in Provo.
This is when Charlotte realized it was not "her father" who was holding her.....



4 comments:
Your girls are precious! I like the Darth Vader pic.
OH my gosh! That last picture is hilarious! I'll be laughing for a while on that one.
LOL!!!!! I love your girls!!!! That last picture cracks me up... as well as the first one, such cute girls!
Funny picture! Sounds like an awesome parade.
Post a Comment