My sweet hubby has been a little concerned about me having cabin fever between the frigid New York weather and have two little girls. So for Christmas he enrolled me in a Wilton Cake Decorating Class. It started on January 6th and is every Tuesday night for about two hours. The first class was a lot of note taking and getting familiar with all the tools. at the end of that class our instructor told us that we would have to bring a two layer filled cake that was iced with a butter cream "crumb layer", plus extra frosting in three consistencies for our next class to decorate in class. My first thought was, " Okay I just watched her cut her cake in layers and fill it and frost it, however I have never done that! what have I gotten my self into...?!?" I had a week to get over my phobia. I tried to prep the cake on Sunday when I had Levi home to distract the girls however it didn't work since Charlotte has started teething and is a LITTLE NEEDY. I was running out of time. Monday was spent trying to help Charlotte and by the time we got her into bed at 8:30 I realized I still had a cake to prep and only one shot where I would have Levi's help left. So I spent late Monday night prepping my cake finally putting it in the fridge at about 12:30 am. I was so grateful though because Tuesday was no different. The time for my class came all too soon. However I was able to get my cake ans supplies there in one piece. I am no Martha Stewart but I am enjoying my class. We learned about different borders, how to transfer a picture onto the cake, as well as filling in a shape. It was a lot of fun and I hope that with each week I get better and better. Here are some pictures.
3 months ago



4 comments:
Great job!! I'm impressed! Makes me want to take a class, too.
Looks good! I love your blog! I think I will just have my girls call you "Sister Indian spit" from now on!
Way to go Torrie! The cake is really cute!:)
Looks great Torrie, what kind of cake was it? What were the reviews from work? I can't wait to see the next cake.
Post a Comment