So I thought that I was done with ghoulish posts with the passing of October... However I woke up this morning and my backyard looked eerily like something out of M. Night Shyamalan's " The Village." the fog was so thick I couldn't see the building next door. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the trees up here in New York, they make for the perfect autumn, and its SO green in summer, and I am sure spring is spectacular ....
But when the leaves fall and the trees look like skeletal hands and its so dense you know a person could easily get lost, its a little creepy! Now I know that I have an OVER-ACTIVE imagination, to say the least, I do try to control it. It doesn't help matters that my usually supportive husband has been trying to get me to watch, "The Village" for the past month and that he also delights in the history channel show, "Monster Quest", where we learned that we are on the edge of the national parks where Bigfoot has been sighted...and that I can't even cuddle with him for comfort because the moment the man falls asleep he twitches so much I might as well be a Bond martini, very very shaken.
The worst part is that it is so unnaturally quite in our complex that the forest comes alive at night. There is a race track behind the complex and it took a couple of nights of listening to this whooping sound to figure out it was the cars on the track and not Bigfoot and his friends. Plus the dense trees everywhere make it so pitch black on the roads I pray extra hard every time I go out on my own that our car will work so I won't be stranded somewhere. I think my imagination would get the best of me before anything could come and get me. I know you all think I am nuts that's probably true, oh well its what I have to work with. Does anyone know if there have been cases reported of people "keeling over" from overactive imagination, besides Anne Shirley, if not I just might be the first case....
6 months ago



1 comment:
I feel for you Torrie. I have a WAY over-active imagination too. Now, most of the things you imagine will never come true. Now is the time to van all scary movies...
Post a Comment