So somehow Emma ended up getting sick.... even during our house arrest! (we only have one car.) Having a 7-week old baby in the house, and Levi having a new job, and a now sick two year old has me a little frantic.
Let me back up a little bit... So this last Wednesday Emma was up way too many times during the night and each time she looked sweaty and disoriented, my poor sweet girl. The best part is that we kidded ourselves thinking, "Oh, its just the way she sleeps, she gets a little disoriented," (she IS related to Levi) and "her blankets are really warm".... boy, are we dumb. So by Thursday afternoon her nose is running down her face every two seconds, and she could be mistaken for Pippy long-stocking, you moms know what I mean... So I go to the store to find that everything I thought I could give my over two year old is now reserved for kids four and older, this is so frustrating. I ended up buying saline drops, (oh, fun times) and an aspirator to help the situation.
By Saturday Levi and I both feel like junk and we have talks to give in church. Saturday night rolls around and Charlotte wakes up at 1 then again at 2 and at 3, each time not eating much and we don't realize that her nose is getting stuffy and she is panicking not being able to breathe out her nose. Trying to get her back down is a joke because she is hungry. Finally at 3 Levi figures out the problem and suctions Charlotte. We were able to feed her and were headed back to bed when one of our fire alarms starts to chirp. I frantically search the house and somehow the humidifier in Emma's room has set off the fire alarm and of course woken her up. So the girls and I sit out on the couch while Levi tries to get the fire alarm to stop chirping. We finally get things settled down, its taking a little longer than usual because we are sleep-deprived and so sick I am actually kinda dizzy. At four-thirty Charlotte wakes again for a feeding and Levi and her end up falling asleep on the couch.
I had already told Levi that I was going to stay home while he opted to still give his talk. I wake up this morning to realize that his white shirt is in the hamper. I have plenty of time so I throw it in. After the wash cycle I go to change the laundry to find that the washer has locked and I can't get it open. I panic and think out loud, "could things get worse?!" Levi muscles the washer open and remarks, "Yes it can, don't jinx it.."
I am happy to report after our crazy Saturday that Levi's talk went well, and we all got good naps and are feeling better. I am a firm believer that prayers, out loud or silent are heard and that parents are blessed even if its just to benefit their children.
3 months ago



2 comments:
I hope you all start feeling better soon! We've got a little sick bug going around here too. No fun!
Sorry you had such a rough night. We hope you all get better soon!
Post a Comment