Tuesday, November 11, 2008

8 weeks, where does the time go?

Charlotte
9-17-08
My sweet Charlotte,
Oh how the time has flown. I can’t believe that you have been here only two months, it seems like you’ve always been a part of our family. We are so grateful that you are here. It was so nice to hear you cry those first few moments, letting me know that you were okay.
And it was quite comical that I could still hear you a few doors away as you were being cleaned up. Boy, do you have a set of lungs.It was so incredible to see your little determined spirit from the very beginning. I could tell from those moments if I could just give you a good example you would be just fine. It was so amazing to have you settle down once I could hold you. You have an innate instinct for way things should be.
Your daddy and I have really enjoyed how much you want to cuddle, you are such a little snuggle-bug A perfect Autumn baby, content to be wrapped up in sleepers and blankets all cozy and warm.
Despite your dramatic entrance, you are a pretty laid back baby, content to sit back and watch the world especially your big sister Emma. I have this feeling that you're enjoying taking it in at a rapid-fire pace, eager to learn and grow and catch up. I appreciate you being a captive audience for her that has helped everyone out. I hope you two will continue to have a special bond, she loves you so much.
It’s been entertaining to find out what motivates you. At ten days old you didn’t like being on your tummy enough that you learned to roll to your back. It’s still quite difficult to give you tummy time; you would rather sit up on someone’s lap. You are such a smart girl and such a good baby. We love to watch you smile and cannot believe how fast you’ve changed. Please be patient with your mom as I struggle to keep up.
Thank you again for blessing our lives with your sweet spirit. We love you “Charla-girl”
Love
Mommy, Daddy & Emma

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Torrie,
I love the pic of the girls together...it is so sweet. Girls are so much fun. Makayla just adores Alexa and it makes me so happy to see the way that she is with her. It looks like Emma is completely in love with her baby sister!

Bethany said...

So sweet! You have such adorable little girls and they are going to get along great.

Cheri said...

AWWW what a darling baby girl!
Congrats.
I found your blog... fun! Send me your email on facebook and I'll send you invites to our blog.

I want to read more and catch up... but I'll have to do it later. Expect some comments on your blog... and your cute family.

Ebbert (Of course)

Unknown said...

Awww what a sweetheart! I'm so happy for ya'll.