Our birthdays this year have taken on a new flavor. Even though we went all out and Torrie got the car of her dreams (at least her recent dreams) it has been a quiet birthday. Torrie spent the day hanging out with her two best friends. The three girls went to a ward play group and took afternoon naps. Once I got home we gave Torrie some birthday cards and presents, and as Emma would say ate "deyisous" burritos.
Torrie then put the finishing touches on some homemade frosting for her cake and we celebrated. To try and feel a little more cool and connected to our families we invited Kevin and Tammy in on the affair via skype. Since it is the age of technology they were able to sing "Happy Birthday" with us. I attempted to be sneeky and bought some "trick" candles, but Torrie realized what they were and blew them out on the first try. It has been a great day to slow down and enjoy the "beauty all around when there's love at home".
Happy Birthday Torrie, you are the central piece to this amazing family. We love the special attention and care you give all of us. There have been many special moments shared under many circumstance and locations, each one as precious as the others. We wish you a happy birthday and look forward to many more.


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Torrie! You are such a lovely, inspiring person, and I feel lucky to know you. I hope you are enjoying your NEW CAR (lucky!), and your new surroundings out there in NY. We sure miss you here in little 'ol Provo. HOpe your day was the best!
Aww Levi you get some major hubby points. And Yes Happy Birthday Torrie! Love you girl. Hope you had a great day!
Your little girls are so beautiful! I'm excited for you to get to raise them. They're amazing. Happy birthday Torrie!
What a sweet entry. You Haupts are so wonderful. I am glad you had a great Mother's birthday. Love You!
Post a Comment