Well its what's known as "peak" color here in upstate NY. For those of you who have never experienced an east coast autumn, its something else. I have been in love with the east coast autumn since my freshman year of college, which I spent in Buena Vista, VA a long eight years ago... but that's another story. There is a crisp feeling in the air, and the mornings are a
great time for Emma and I to have cocoa. Our apartment is at the back of the complex so out my window I see a good deal of forest and then the building next to us. This picture actually doesn't do it justice because we've had some rain that has pulled down a lot of the leaves. I have spent the past few afternoons while the girls have napped looking out my window as the leaves drift lazily to the grass in what I have termed "golden snow.
" So far the move has been a good one. We all seem to be adjusting to the changes that have come our way. Levi is in a routine of getting to work by 7 am so that he can be home with us earlier. Emma is doing well as she is making room for Charlotte in her life. Emma is so smart and is such a tremendous help, she rarely has a jealous moment. I am very grateful to not be pregnant, as my body needs to recuperate, and i am trying desperately to give myself a routine despite the serious lack of sleep. One more quick thought, there are wonders that come with a more humid climate, creatures of all kinds are more abundant. Levi took Emma on a walk to get the mail tonight and along the way ran into a frog.
She got the biggest kick out of it, I have never seen her eyes quite so big. She was careful to walk quietly behind it as it hopped through the complex grass. I am sure we will have more stories about different animals during spring and this next summer. I just hope that all of the animal adventures take place outside of the apartment, but with Levi and Emma who knows what I'll be in for....
Update: Today we were able to take a photo of a cemetery which is on the way to church. Since it is halloween season we thought we would share.
3 months ago



4 comments:
Can you believe that was 8 years ago?! How did time pass so quickly? And I agree--I say that you haven't fully lived until you have see the east coast at peak fall season! When Rheanna got married, Elizabeth and I took a trip from Virginia up to Boston, and then up to Maine, and it was soooo beautiful!
I LOVE Autumn on the east coast and miss it every year I am away. Luckily, we caught the tail-end of last year over Thanksgiving in NC. Beautiful!
SO beautiful!! I am jealous here in AZ. This past week has been so hot!! Still in the 90's!! We went to a swim party last week....something is wrong with that...
I'm glad your adjusting to your new life, it's kinda fun being in a new place huh?.....Can't wait to visit!!
P.S still don't know what I'm having!!!! oy.
Happy Birthday Levi!
Thank you for the beautiful fall colors!!!! It is still very much summer here and I am really missing those fall colors. We're glad to hear that things are going good for you and you are adjusting to the move. Happy birthdy Levi
Post a Comment