Friday, September 12, 2008

Ready or not.....

I think its quite a blessing that we forget all the trauma and drama that can go along with pregnancy and childbirth as well as those fun first weeks. I truly do believe that the beautiful and healthy children that routinely make it to this world are quite worth the backaches, nausea, and stretch marks. I am also very grateful that every pregnancy has the potential to be different. I was quite nauseous with Emma and thankfully that has not been the case with this second pregnancy. Not that its been an easy one, you moms with toddlers and pregnant again can understand but its been different enough that I've survived and am now approaching the finish line.
I really am excited as the time draws so near and I just hope that this second daughter with be healthy just like her sis. I have had a lot of fun the past few weeks getting ready, i.e.; getting clothes back out, I forgot how tiny Emma was! As well as looking back through the files upon files of pictures. Through my file search I ran across this little gem of a video. Of course its Emma at 2 months old and this started me thinking. There was a big thing I had forgotten; can anyone guess....... drum roll please.........



( I apologize now for the shaky video, I was trying not to wake her up plus get past the bags I had carried in to get close enough to film her)

Its the RACKET that newborns make when they sleep!

You would think that something so tiny could never make so much noise, but I swear Emma won out over Levi! I truly don't know how newborns get sleep, you would think they would wake themselves up. Now you would think that as a sleep-deprived new mom, I could tune this noise out, but I am such a light sleeper that I couldn't wait to get Emma out of our room and into her own. However, with round two this poses quite a predicament, I have a newborn and a two and a half year old that I really don't trust right off the bat to not get too curious. There lies my dilemma, and the only solution is for me to get good earplugs and make it through the racket until I can get Emma fully into a big girl bed and the baby into the crib, (which fortunately Emma has yet to scale successfully.) Again I know its worth it, I just hope that I don't die of sleep deprivation before the girls are rooming together. We shall see....

2 comments:

Bethany said...

she is an adorable baby. Earplugs would probably work. I use them to help dampen the sound of Mike snoring and am still able to wake up to Emily. Good luck with the baby and the move and everything!!

Unknown said...

I was the same way with Grant. I slept much better with him out of our room for that very reason, he was imposibly loud! And being a new mom (unexperenced) it was hard to tune him out. I wish you the best of luck with the whole sleep thing...I'll be in the same boat soon too. Good luck and keep us posted!!!