Friday, September 5, 2008

The Thesis is Done!!




It's 3 a.m. and I just printed off the final draft of my thesis! I have been writing 16+ hrs a day for 2 weeks now. I have pulled all nighters the last 2 nights, ironically the first 2 nights of the semester (I hope this isn't an indication of things to come). I didn't think anything in engineering could be as mentally, emotionally and physically taxing as working on the formula race car project of my senior year, but this thesis is giving it a run for its money.




I don't think I read the fine print when I signed up for a master's degree, but I am realizing the hoops I have to jump through to complete my degree and be ready to move my family across the country in less than a month!




Finally the end is in sight. I know a lot of you have been wondering what the "secret" project is that I have been working on. Well, your chance to find out has come (just be prepared to sign your life away on a non-disclosure agreement). I will be defending my thesis on Wednesday Sept. 17 at 2 p.m. If you have been intrigued, or simply need a really good afternoon nap stop by the mechanical engineering conference room (435 CTB). Hopefully I will be able to recover from writing this thing, to be awake enough to defend.

3 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

well its closing in on the time when we have to grow up and actually leave acadamia behind. I know this sounds weird considering that I'm talking about growing up and we have almost two kids, but its true, I have been in the college scene so long I won't know what to do with myself. But aside from all that I am very excited for this new adventure. Levi, I am so very proud of you, you have worked so hard and accomplished some incredible things. thanks for being such a great husband, provider and father. I love you!

rvan said...

congratulations levi! I have no idea what you just went through, but it sounded grueling, and now your done!!! Good luck on defending your work, hope you can stay awake and maybe a red bull or rock star for good measure? A "no doz" always helped me on long drives from ca to ut. BUt then I was as giddy as heck....so scratch that, maybe just go for the rock star, because that's what you are Levi!!! Good job, go get that degree and move your family to NY, so I can come visit you!!!!

Leavitt's said...

At last! This must be one of the heavist burdens lifted off your shoulders! Great job, sorry we will miss you lecture on the 17th, but ALOHA! We love all of you!