Over the last few weeks as my feet have disappeared from view, and as I've seen friends that I've now known for 8 years.... I have been wondering, " When did I become old enough to be married, have a two year old and pregnant with my second child?!" I have come to the conclusion that even though I am now a twenty-something and no longer a seventeen year-old freshman there is good news, I may be chronologically old enough but that still doesn't mean I have to nor do I act mature enough. Here is photographic proof.
For those of you who are my age or older you may remember the doll, "my buddy" and his female equivalent, " kid sister." That's how I feel now as Emma gets older, and I can understand her more and she's so much more interactive, like I'm playing house with my Kid Sister. She's getting easier to cart around, (despite the running around the car bit we play before we leave the apartment, I'm not perfect, its a work in progress) Not that its a bad thing but there are days when it seems like a babysitting job and the real parents will be home to relieve me.
However there are other days when I enjoy the "kid sister" aspect and an amazing realization hits me " between the eyes", she's mine. I am Emma's mom and I have the privilege of watching her every second of the day. Her amazing personality, how fast she is growing and learning, I have been here for all of it, and get to be here for the rest. It has been so hard and yet so fun being her mom. I am constantly amazed by the things she gets, what she can do, and how independent she is. Yet I know that I am her best friend, I am the one she comes to when she needs help, she calls out "mom", first. I am having so much fun and I'm excited for the next "Kid Sister" and what she'll bring to the mix, and what Emma will teach her.
6 months ago



2 comments:
Raising kids is so much fun. Sometimes I wonder who's really having more fun with the playdough, blocks, or anything we're doing, me or kids?
Isn't being a mommy the hardest and BEST job ever?! Thanks for sharing your real feelings, I have some of those days too. I wouldn't trade it for the world though.
Post a Comment