A while back Torrie posted that I would be riding the STP. Since the big race is just under two weeks away now I thought I would post an update on how I am doing. Yesterday Ben Parker got a kick out of dragging me up to the summit of Timpanogos .
To give you some perspective the summit of the Alpine Loop is at 7900 feet and is only 11 miles from the mouth of the American Fork Canyon. When Ben suggested it last week I thought he was crazy. When we did it yesterday I realized how brutal the climb is. It never ends!
When we started the day (at 4pm) the temperature of the asphalt was 107 F. Luckily it cooled off on the way up, and turned out to be as Ben called it "epic". I completely agreed.
I never thought we would ever see the summit, but sure enough we finally made it. It was worth a quick picture before we headed down the Provo Canyon side.



4 comments:
Excellent post. I am glad you didn't portray me as a task master behind you the whole way with a whip.
Thats cuz you didnt let me take a picture of you with your whip. No one would have believed me.
Way to go Levi!
Wow Levi, you have really awesome goals. Good luck with the STP!
Post a Comment