When we were pregnant with Emma Torrie bought me a cool book for soon-to-be dads. It talked about all the stuff you should be aware of, or what you should expect from a guys point of view. Well I should have known better and gone back to the bookstore to find the sequel as soon as we found out Torrie was pregnant this time.
Soon after Torrie and Emma came home from Orlando we went to have an ultrasound done. Torrie wanted Emma to come and be apart of the experience. During the visit Emma was very nervous, she did not like the dark room and couldn't figure out why mommy was letting some lady rub stuff on her tummy. Later that week I tried to help Emma comprehend what is happening, especially since it may be a rough ride for our little princess when the "other" princess comes.
Emma's Sissy saying hello.
This is where my common sense left the room. I told Emma she was under Torrie's shirt, so Emma started tearing through the layers. Once she got to Torrie's belly button I told Emma to look inside. Of course she did. It was a cute moment, but again I didn't consider the implications.
Later in the week I asked again "where is Sissy" to which Emma promptly ran to Torrie and started after her belly. This time Emma wanted to tickle Sissy. As Torrie tried to hold off the attack she exclaimed "There is no respect for my body in this house!" The final straw broke when we were at church and Emma was sitting on Torrie's lap. Emma turned around and asked "Sissy?" Torrie had a hard time holding her off, and now I have lost the privilege to sit next to Torrie with Emma between us.
If only I had gotten a second book to help me learn what not to do when a two-year old is involved.



4 comments:
That's hilarious.
That cracked both Nathan and me up!!
So my kids were looking at your blog too and Bartel said" what's that it looks like 2 dinosaurs?" and then co-co said "it looks like an evil bunny with 3 ears" (it was upside-down) Sweet cousins huh? I had to explain to them it was a baby.... sorry we still love you and your baby. Hey Bart never called Levi back, my fault. He never checks messages, and he's been crazy busy with church and work, he never rests. you can all his cell it's like mine but ends with 05. sorry Levi, hope all is well
That is awesome! Can't wait for the BBQ so I can see it firsthand :-)
Post a Comment