Friday, May 2, 2008

London

Well Torrie and Emma have been gone for a week now and no postings, they must be having a blast. As for myself I have made it to London in one piece, barely. On Wednesday morning the group I am with left at 6:30 am for San Fransisco. We spent the day at the infamous company IDEO and Stanford studying engineering design. We then left for London at 11:30 pm. The first flight of the trip was a red eye to Boston. Once in Boston we got on a flight to London, but had to turn around on the runway since there was a major generator malfunction (I know what you are thinking... with 20 engineers on board we couldn't get it fixed quickly, and believe me we did offer to help). Since the flight was canceled we were sent to Chicago and from there took another red eye to London. When we finally made it we were all wasted, but had two scheduled appointments. Once the day finally wound down and we made it to our "flats" after navigating the London Tube for an hour (don't worry we only lost one student, but then he turned up later), we tried to make the most of the time and went to the Piccadilly Circus ("Times Square" of London).


You may not be able to tell, but my eyes are bloodshot from the 25 hr trip.

Hopefully I will be able to post some more of what we are doing in London (since I will be here a week). Until then "Cheers"

1 comment:

Torrie and the girls said...

You look really good especially for the crazy trip it took to get there.... glad you're there in one piece