Today was pretty cool, at least from an engineers point of view. We went to the London Science and Technology Museum. We spent 2 1/2 hours there but only saw the 1st of 6 floors. We saw all types of engines from steam to turbine, also the evolution of manufacturing, space flight, cars, and medical devices.
This picture is of a clock that is designed to keep the time (well at least the year) for 10,000 years! I thought it was really cool, but that is because I am working on gears for my masters. We thought this museum was so cool we even went back later in the day to see another floor. Once we left the science museum we went to find some lunch. We ended up a this organic deli. We all had a "Tortine", which I had never herd of. Basically it is an open faced sandwich.
My smoked turkey tortine was really good and expensive (but what isn't in London) and not very filling.
Later we went to Buckingham Palace. I was really hoping to get a picture with a guard and to try and get him to move, but there were none outside the gates. We are going to try tomorrow and I will let you know if he moves. After dinner of some real "fish and chips" and we saw this Lamborghini as we headed home. We have noticed a ton of really cool cars in only two days but I will spare you from having to see them all.
Try not to get too upset when you dream of this car (like I am going to do) and wake up to realize it was only a dream.
~After writting this I realized how big of nerd I really am. Perhaps tomorrow we will do some normal stuff, but then again I am making the itinerary, so it will most likely be geeky stuff! I can't wait.



2 comments:
Levi, that's not a Lamborghini, it's a Ferrari F430. Have fun in London.
Mike
Dang, I can't slip anything by you. Since I dont know what time or day it is, I hope you will forgive me for the mess up.....
Post a Comment