Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Disney World- Recap

Well I must apologize for not blogging about the trip that Emma and I took to Disney-World. In my defense when I would get on to check the blog at night and get so caught up in Levi's Europe posts that I would be too tired to compete. Its not an excuse, I know, but its an explanation. Well here I go...
Emma and I were able to go to Disney World with my parents and sister while Levi was away in Europe. We were there for two weeks from April 26th- May 10th. I would recommend this trip to anyone, it was so much fun! It was great to be able to "park-hop" One the Disney World resort there are four major parks, besides the hotels. We visited, The Magic Kingdom ( the classic park most like Disneyland in Ca), Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney's Hollywood Studios ( which reminded me of Universal in CA a little bit with all the emphasis on movies Disney or not), and then Epcot, which showcases some of the countries of the world, Mexico, France, Norway, etc.

My favorite was the Magic Kingdom because I'm such a classic Disney fan , I grew up getting to go to Disneyland. One of the thing that was easily enjoyed by all happened after dark. We made an effort to go to the night shows. Over at the Hollywood studios they have "Fantasmic" which is the show where the Disney Villains try and discourage Mickey. It was neat, but scared Emma in parts, she sat with my dad, hands on her face looking between her fingers. She was intrigued, yet a little freaked.

At Epcot they have a huge lake in the center and their fireworks show, " Illuminations" is over the water, which makes the finale "blinding", it was all about having a world where we all get along despite our differences, it was physically and emotionally beautiful. If he was still alive I would say, " Disney for President" he has the right idea.

Animal Kingdom doesn't have a night show, however they have a show where they sing and dance to music from "The Lion King, " its quite the spectacular, it bet those dancers get to eat whatever they want, they get such a workout!

One of our days at the Magic Kingdom we stayed for the fireworks, that was probably my favorite night show. Its shown right over the castle and it has great music, we were so tired that night, but seeing that made it worth it.

One of the best things we did there was getting the autographs of the Princesses for Emma. My mom had gotten her a princess costume just for dress-up a while back and incidentally it matched Princess Aurora's costume pretty perfectly. All of you know that Emma is a chatter-box and I usually can't get her to stay quiet. However, when we walked into where the Princesses were waiting she was so shocked she didn't utter a word! I had to explain that she was barely 2 years old, they were very sweet to her and thought she was too cute. It was so funny to see her like that , as you all know that very "Un-Emma", too bad we can't have the Princesses accompany us to church!

Now as you all will remember I am pregnant and Emma is too young to do a lot of the things there so we were a little limited, but it was still tons of fun. Some of the pics from the trip I haven't been able to locate, they're on my dad's laptop and my sister's so I will have to recap some of the other parks in my next blog.

4 comments:

Levi H. said...

I've got nothin' on this! I totally wish I was there instead of alone in Europe. Either way see you soon!

Melissa Zuber said...

Hi Torrie! I have stalked you down, I hope you don't mind. Emma is beautiful and congratulations on the second. I hope this pregnancy is treating you better. Great to see you!

Sara G said...

How stinkin' cute! She must have had sweet dreams about meeting real life princesses. I love Disneyworld, can't wait to take the girls someday! Take care...

Brad and Lyndsey said...

It would have been good to see you while you were here in Florida. We don't get family down here very often. Glad to hear that you had a good time though and that you enjoyed Disney!