Saturday, May 17, 2008

Deutschland

Germany has been interesting. It has been an ecletic visit. The first day in Frankfurt was interesting. During WWII Frankfurt was pretty much wiped off the map, because of this every building is "modern".

A view of Frankfurt.


To me it seemed as if this was a convience to focus on the future and not on the past. In addition it has been hard for me to connect with my heritage here. I don't know why, but I tried to experience the tradition.

Don't worry that is apple juice (one of the best I have ever tasted) not apfelwine i.e apple wine


The next day we had a little expected/unexpect trip out of the country. We had planned to go to The European Central Bank aka the bank of the European Union. When we got there we discovered that everyone needed thier passport. This was because we were officially leaving Germany and entering "Europe". It was kinda cool. I dont know of anyone else that has been to the entity of Europe so it was a neat experience. That night we went back tot he same restaurant since it was so good.


Today we stopped in Stuggart on our way to France. We stopped to see the Mercedes museum. It was awesome. I took over 200 photos of all of the cars on display.


At the end we went on a simulation of the history of Mercedes racing, it was pretty cool. We have some pretty cool company visits coming up in the last week of our trip. But so far I have been amazed at what we have seen.

No comments: