Friday, June 4, 2010

Welcome Summer!

Summer has come a LITTLE early to good ol' Va, and we've coped by frequenting the pools here at our apartment complex. And, what's the fun of summer with two little girls without matching "suit suits" :) with any luck I'll be able to get rid of my farmers' tan. So, what do you do to stay cool and have fun in the summer?

Here are some pics from Memorial day, we had some friends over who were smart enough to bring their camera, unlike us, Thanks Jessica!



Emma and Maddie



Maddie's ADORABLE brother Ian..... he might be my new favorite boy!



Daddy and Charlotte in the "lazy river" ( it has a current, hence the tube)



She looks like she's hiding from the sun, she's really scheming about how to get out of the tube....trust me.



Mommy and Charlotte trying to pose for a picture before being run over from behind!



Ian and mommy



Slippery fish in the kiddie pool!



C'mon Charlotte, get back in the kiddie pool....



JAIL BREAK.... making a run for the big pool!



Maddie, "the little mermaid" you all know the scene I'm referencing



If you two don't play nice, I'm turning this tube around!



Charlotte and the "preferred one"



what a good swim teacher! kick Charlotte kick!



Somebody spin that kid!



its called a "mommy break"



Jump Maddie Jump!



Scampering off to lunch

we had a great time. stay cool!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

I don't know how many times I can say this, but you have the most adorable girls on the planet. I love Charlotte in her happy yellow suim suit with the ruffles on her bum, she is just too cute!! I love Emma and her big smile, like she's always having the time of her life. Thanks for the most precious nieces ever!

Love Aunt Bekah

Torrie and the girls said...

You're welcome Bekah, thanks for being such a great aunt and so appreciative. they're lots of work but tons of fun! such personalities and so smart. i know you'll have fun at Christmas, we're looking forward to it!

The Malone Family said...

Your pools look so fun! I guess it makes up (a little) for all the other "fun" you get to deal with living in an apartment. I wish ours came with a lazy river! :)

Danielle Dallas said...

Holy cow, Emma and Charlotte are SO STINKIN' CUTE! (I love Charlotte's chubberina thighs) Looks like those pools at your apartment complex are pretty nice . . . how convenient!

"Miss Kris" said...

Torrie! You guys are so cute and you crack me up. You're daughters are becoming more and more beautiful as they get older. Emma is starting to look less like a baby girl and more like a little girl!