Okay this is going to be a long one but I promise the pics and the videos are worth it. We have to get caught up on a few of the happenings around here. First off , we finally summoned the courage and put Emma in her big girl bed. we were just too lazy and a little too sick to do this any earlier. Things have been going well and even Charlotte is close to sleeping through the night, :)
Here's Emma working hard while daddy poses for the picture. Here's the resident big girl in the finished product, complete with Disney Princess bedding. It was a family affair and we had lots of fun. Emma is quite the taskmaster as we found out, if she wants something done she does her best to make sure it happens NOW. I think it was lucky Levi was so good at assembling the bed, I don't think she could have waited for anyone else to put it together. Those years of long hours and being supportive of his engineering degree paid off for me in this occasion.
The girls are getting along better by the day, which is always a good thing for a mom to see.
Charlotte is one tough kid and its a good thing since we all know that even adoring toddler siblings aren't the gentlest people. This picture was from this last Saturday, the girls were cuddling with Levi watching cartoons and I was trying out a sippy cup on Charlotte, it turned into a game of "peat- repeat" with Charlotte being "peat" this time.
On another note, I finally finished Wilton cake decorating course 2, yea!! The finale cake was covered in
a basket-weave and was topped with Royal Icing flowers. Royal Icing stays harder than butter cream and is used for stuff like flowers. Over the last four weeks I have learned 6-8 new flowers. However the real triumph of this class was learning and completing the basket-weave in two hours despite some very soft butter cream, Ugh! I wanted to go buy some sugar and fix it but I had to keep going, and there was NO WAY that I was going to disassemble to fix it at home. Oh well its tastes the same and I think its still pretty impressive for a first time. Along the lines of cake decorating is my last story. This is what happens when mom gets caught up in the rush of the hours before class starts and is frantically trying to finish the prep work. Little sisters get baby-napped! I was in a flurry in the kitchen pulling stuff together for class when I realized the front room was WAY too quiet. I turn the corner and they're both gone! My heart just sank, I headed for the hall hoping Charlotte had learned to instantaneously crawl and they were playing in Emma's room, but fearing I was going to find them unconscious at the bottom of our stairs, but I hadn't heard any screaming.... Sure enough they were both fine and in Emma's room. I asked Emma what had happened and she said she needed Charlotte's help picking out a shirt. Then I asked how she got her in there and she showed me. I almost died laughing. Of course the video is a re-enactment but just as funny. Charlotte is one good sport. and the baby gate is a permanent fixture.



9 comments:
First of all, Awesome job on the cake! That is gorgeous! Second, that video of Emma dragging Charlotte to her room is LOL hilarious! I'm sure it was terrifying to you but the fact that Emma needed help picking out her shirt, that killed me. They're acting just like sisters!
You do make an awesome cake! Congrats on finishing your class-that's a HUGE accomplishment.
WOW!!! I'm impressed with your cake decorating abilities! That cake looks too good to eat! I did die laughing watching the video of emma and charlotte! Oh my goodness that is so FUNNY! What are sisters for then to drag across the floor. Great entertainment! And what a sweet daddy making Emma's bed, he is such a fun and patient dad! We love you !
That cake is amazing! And the video of Emma dragging Charlotte is soooooooooooooooooo funny. I luaghed out loud before even pressing play. What cute girls!
Oh my funny!!!!She is a crack up! Well done on your cake by the way.=)Eat a bite for me.
What a cute video on your last post of Charlotte laughing at Emma! So sweet. Alexa just adores Makayla. It is so cute how they are so close. Girls are sure fun! How scary, but funny that Emma dragged Charlotte into her room. And last but not least...Awesome job on the cake...it looks wonderful!
We watched a show on extreme cakes last night and I thought of you . . . not because your cakes are extreme and not necessarily because you are as extreme as some of those cake decorators! :-) Scott and I both enjoyed that video, sure does make us miss those happy days at Wyview when we would look out our front window to see if your car was there and then pop across the parking lot!
I know you are busy, and I'm being a hypocrite...but... MORE POSTS WOMAN!!!!
I love the video of Charlotte's new mode of transportation via Emma! Sooo cute! Pretty cake, too!
Post a Comment