On February 1st Emma announced in was the month of Love. Since our birthdays get a whole month, why can't our favorite holidays as well? Emma ask for Valentines Day if I was going to do a treasure hunt again that ended in the trunk? I guess I need to mix it up little, her memory is too sharp and she is becoming too wise for this old man (I am over 30 these days). It was a busy week for us and sadly we didnt get any photos of the treasure hunt that did end in the trunk. A new tradition has been born.
We did however get some pictures of Torrie's entry into the annual Fluke Chocolate Contest. This was the first year that we participated. We nearly abandoned the idea due to our very busy week, but Torrie called me on Valentines Day to let me know she had finished her entry.
When I went back to pick up her cake I found it sitting next to the 1st Place bear! Its was so cool to win, we knew Torrie makes great deserts, but it was especially cool to see anonymous strangers thought so too.
For winning Torrie received this bear as well as movie tickets and cash! The next weekend we were able to go out on a date and use the cash for dinner. This was a great little Valentines surprise.







No comments:
Post a Comment