Thursday, January 5, 2012

November in our house

Levi said he wanted to do this next post but he is officially out of chances ;) November was a fun month for us, my cute little family spoiled me for my birthday with a brownie hot fudge sundae (it was a nice break from cake J) and presents. Later that week we got to go to the Dr’s for the 20 week ultrasound. Levi took last minute guesses before the stenographer announced another girl. The girls were thrilled, although Emma interrogated the stenographer to make sure she knew what she was talking about. Levi was happy, girls are routine by now, a boy would seem foreign. I was grateful to see a healthy normal baby, and quickly came to terms that I was getting what I needed. I was thinking a boy would be fun because its something our family hasn’t seen yet, and I only have 2 sisters. The girls in the car home admitted to praying for a boy, then going back and praying again, stinkers.
Uncle Adam came to visit us from Portland for the weekend. I guess the drive was worth not having to cook Thanksgiving for himself. We’re so grateful he came and we had a lot of fun, like the rest, he’s a great uncle and the girls had a wonderful time.
This Thanksgiving is the first time that I’ve actually had to cook a whole turkey, by myself. We’ve always been around more experienced family, friends, or by ourselves where I’ve  just cooked a turkey breast. We were hosting Uncle Adam and our missionaries so I knew with that many men I had to suck it up and cook the whole bird.  It went really well, and I had everything timed pretty well, despite losing power for a little bit. We loaded Adam and the missionaries up with leftovers, and didn’t have to eat turkey sandwiches until Christmas.     
The Christmas post will be in several installments, so hang in there!  


A birthday surprise for mom
Making monkey bread with Uncle Adam

4 comments:

Rheanna said...

Way late happy birthday! Glad your November was fantastic and don't worry...I always feel like I'm playing catch up on my blog too :o)

The Taylors said...

Congrats on the baby girl! What fun!

Heather said...

How's the pregnancy going? Surviving? But glad to know the baby is healthy. What more can you ask for? Congratulations! Give it another go or two and then maybe a dog will look more appealing. Kenneling is awesome. If we could only kennel our kids, I'd have more of 'em.;)

Burt Bunch said...

Torrie, so fun to see what your cute family has been up to! Hope you are doing well!!