So I thought that I would update everybody on my cakes. I figured since we share a lot on our blog about the kiddies and where we live and the fact that I'm NOT pregnant, this was the next best thing, an update on my hobby.
This was my very first cake! had to bring it sliced and filled and iced white to class. We then learned to fill in shapes and do borders. I was pretty proud of myself ;)
Another white and filled cake brought to class and I brought home this, we learned this simple swirl flower which I love.
Somehow I didn't grab a pic of cake # 3 but here's the finale cake
Finale cake
This cake aggravated me because I had a little hole in my green icing bag that dribbled icing all over as my teacher was trying to help me finish on time.
Now I know I've done more cakes but I obviously didn't take the time to document, I am the worst at that. This is my first "free-hand" cake that I have a picture of.
In course 2 we only needed a finale cake brought in, so here it is
So I've taken a break from the course but have continued to do cakes on a pretty regular basis. here are the rest of the pictures I can find.
My dear friend Megan got this "falling blossom" cake for her birthday. I was proud of this cake, it was "death by chocolate" cake. Chocolate cake, chocolate butter cream, and chocolate-raspberry ganache- YUM. even the royal icing flowers were flavored raspberry so they were more fun to eat. This next cake was my third attempt at a birthday cake for Emma. That's what I get for not bringing all my gadgets on vacay with me. So we invited a few friends to the park so that we could all eat cake and play.
This cake was for my friend Chellae. I can't remember the flavor of the cake but I do remember that the white chocolate ganache was heavenly and I was very frustrated that it wouldn't set up. It was fun to have the contrast of the brown basket and the raspberry flavored pink blossoms.
My good friend Britney got this pink flowered cake. This cake was a near disaster as I forgot to grease the pan! ( dumb rookie mistake) luckily I had split the batter into two ovals and between the two was able to make one whole cake. She said it still tasted great, I'm just glad it held together!
This white cake was made for Emma's nursery leader who is being released. We're ever so grateful for all her hard work and patience so we brought by this chocolate, chocolate-raspberry ganache. Her hubby said she liked raspberry so I ran with it. Thanks again Jenilyn!
This last cake was given in appreciation for our weekend at the Whiteface lodge. It was to Greg, Levi's co-worker and his family. Another "death by chocolate" He said it was enjoyed but that the almond roca candy was a huge hit. We can't thank them enough!
So there are my cakes that I have pics of to date. I'll have to do another post like this once I do a few more cakes. Hope you have to go do some baking now.... :) Muuahaha!



10 comments:
I absolutely LOVED my falling blossom cake! It was completely delicious AND beautiful! Thank you so much! You can "practice" your cakes any time on me! :)
Wow! So impressed! You have inspired me to take a cake decorating class!
Great cakes! You're so good to document all of these. I take pictures of all my cakes when I make them but then the pictures just sit there. This was inspiring to keep up on the cake making to practice. I think I got a little frostinged-out for a while (let's be honest, who can make a huge batch of butter cream icing and not have samples here and there?) Thanks for the motivation!
Good job! I enjoyed the pictures and could almost taste the cakes! Wish I had your talent and patience
Love, G Haupt
Yum! I love those basketweave and blossom cakes. Simple and elegant. I love the raspberry ones too--makes me think of a summer tea party. What a great hobby.
Thanks, by the way, for your sweet comments on my blog. I really appreciate your encouragement.
Oh Torrie I LOVED the Brown basket one with the pink blossoms! So beautiful!!!! Great job tor and it's an awesome talent!!!!
Wow!! Those are some great cakes!!
Torrie! I haven't talked to you in forever, I'm so glad I found your blog! You have such a beautiful family and I love your cake decorations!
Of course you take the classes AFTER you moved away from your Utah friends! They all look so beautiful, but I have to admit that it's the description of the cake inside that makes my mouth water the most (don't you have a difficult time cutting into the decorations that you worked so hard on?)
Those cakes look great!! Good job.
Post a Comment