Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Picky Palate?

So its been a while since I've blogged. I was out of town to see my first niece and regrettably I don't have any pictures because I couldn't find my camera in the suitcase, but if you wish to see her click on the "Bessey family."Her name is Maija ( MY- Ah) (Dutch spelling) and she's super cute! Anywho, my girls and I survived the trip back to Utah sans Dad for Maija's blessing. And since then Emma has developed Croup and now its teething Charlotte's turn to have a nasty cough, UGH! The spring, summer, and fall here in Upstate NY supposedly makes the winter worth it, I'm not convinced yet, its been four months of someone being sick! Alright I have to focus on the positive, Emma is getting better and no one has had to be hospitalized. I really didn't mean to get on here and complain so here is the subject of my post.


Charlotte is now over 4 ( wow, almost 5) months and so we got to start solid foods, aka baby foods. For those of you who know Emma was very hard to feed from the get go, and actually still is. So my cute Charlotte has been a welcome relief in that department, I know I'll have her sleeping through the night sooner since the girl can actually eat! And I also know that starting solids can be a little bumpy because its so different. I was looking back and found some fun pictures from when Emma was eating baby food.


This is the "trusting" look I get from my children when we start this process. I tried to be a good mom and start with the veggies, preferably green, but by this picture she had been eating a while and so you're seeing either sweet potatoes or carrots.





And this is the face Emma gave me when she realized her favorites weren't coming anytime soon. She was done pretending.

I thought that it would be a lot easier with Charlotte but I was WRONG! The girl can eat, at least when she's feeling good, but she is PICKY! This is a picture of her favorite sweet potatoes, she was so giddy. I then moved to butternut squash and the girl cried! I was laughing so hard I didn't get a picture, I apologize, she just sat there and acted like I was taking away her will to live. Who knew my top of the charts child would have such refined preferences.....
This last picture is when she realized the sweet potatoes were gone and things were about to change. She still looks a little optimistic. Poor girl, she has such a mean mommy!
Well i am in the midst of baking and frosting a Valentine's cake for Levi's work, I'll post it in a few days... stay tuned!

5 comments:

Ryan and Alexis Bessey said...

LOL!!! You'll never win at this will you Torrie...? You sure are tough though! Your girls are too cute for words and hearing these funny stories about them makes them just that much cuter! I wish I was there to see Charlotte's reaction to the butternut squash.

Ryan and Alexis Bessey said...

That sweet song had me crying too...oh dang!

Cheri said...

Sorry your kids have been so sick! If it makes you feel any better it seems everyone here in UT has had sick kids the past little bit too! :( My sister-in-law says she has booked out every January from now until her are grown. Because every year they spend it with sick kids. :(

Brittney said...

Your family looks wonderful! I'm sorry your kids are sick! But I am excited that you live out east because I do too! Give me a call sometime 801.369.9260

Tiffany Johnson said...

Oh man.. picky eaters.. so hard. My girls are GREAT with baby foods and foods before the age of 2! That's when the picky-ness begins for me... Hailey wants nothing but treats! UGH!! The trials.