Friday, April 18, 2008

McMommy's

Emma has recently found a new franchised restaurant that has been a favorite of my grandpa and father. I first learned of the infamous McMommy's when I was at work with my dad and grandpa at the age of 6 or 7. Since my father and grandpa worked in a family electrical business I was able to tag along often (usually when my mom needed a break... sound familiar?). I would work really hard all morning holding tools for my dad. When lunch time came around I would try to come up with clever ways to let my dad know where I wanted to go to lunch (at least at the age of 6 I thought they were clever). I would ask... "Dad, do you know what time it is? It's Taco time!" However, my dad was just as sneaky. Once we climbed in the truck (I would sit in the middle of my dad and grandpa) one of the two of them would start to discuss where we should go. I would try to get the discussion going in the right direction by suggesting somewhere like McDonald's, but then I would hear "I know where we should go.... McMommy's!". This was the worst suggestion, the whole reason I had come was for the lunch activities, and now we were headed home (and usually past some perfectly legit restaurant choices).



The franchise of McMommy's that Emma has found appeals a little more to the evening crowd. As you can see they provide the "child restaurant kit" i.e. crayons and a coloring book. Unlike the success of most restaurants McMommy's child kit only occupies Emma for 60% of the meal prep time (regardless of the time it takes). I also find it interesting how Emma never orders off the menu, some of her favorites are the Popcorn chicken (which she calls "Pop-pop", and be careful not to say that unless you actually have some), a "KFC bowl", the breakfast burrito, and of course the muffin and yogurt breakfast.
Now that I am in my father's shoes I am becoming more and more of a fan. If anyone has found other franchises of McMommy's let us know of other popular dishes we can suggest to Emma.

3 comments:

Kevin and Tammy said...

How 'bout coming to McGranny's Emma!

Unknown said...

That sounds like my family. Way cute idea!

Marce said...

you guys are so cute! i love this idea!ceb